1.2x hw6515 ROM update - new softpaq released !

• 4 Odpowiedzi
  • 1897 Wyświetleń

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

« dnia: Lipiec 28, 2006, 17:56:44 »
Hi I found on the HP FTP site the new softpaqs to upgrade to ROM version 1.2x.

Since HP still haven't linked those softpaqs to a web page, I've copied the direct links to HP's FTP site on my personal webpage:
http://web.tiscali.it/averliesentirli.

These new version of the softpaqs replace the previous that have been published last month *and* that were unstable. As far as I've read, it doesn't seem there are differences in the ROM themselves, just in the installer (that hopefully is more stable).

Those who already have the 1.2x ROM installed, don't need these softpaqs

bye,
eccomi

Offline wesyr87

• Sprzęt: iPhone 4, Galaxy Note :)
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Lipiec 28, 2006, 23:02:31 »
Can You tell something more about softpaq ?? ...

To to bot czy jakis czlowiek z zagranicy ?? :) :) i czy ktos wie co to za softpaq ?? :)

Offline xsara

• Sprzęt: ipaq hw6515, kaiser
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Lipiec 29, 2006, 09:54:18 »
zajrzałem pod wskazany link. Mowa tam jest o ROM'ach dla moedlu 6515 (bez literki !!!!), a więc przeznaczonych na rynki : Chiny, Tajwan, Niemcy, Włochy, Francja i Hiszpania (pisałem o tym we wcześniejszym poscie). Zatem to nie są ROM'y angielskojęzyczne !!! Nasz nowy kolega zdaje się, że pochodzi z Włoch ....

« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Lipiec 29, 2006, 11:21:10 »
Cytat: "wesyr87"
Can You tell something more about softpaq ?? ...

a softpaq is a software package provide from HP that contains a software update for your HP product (notebook, dekstop, handheld).

In June, HP have published a softpaq to update the hw6515 from ROM version 1.0x, to 1.2y, *but* the upgrade utility that was provided into the softpaq was very unstable and the upgrade failed often.

A few days ago HP has published again all the softpaqs that contained the wrong upgrade utility, so that everybody can upgrade the ROM of its iPAQ from 1.0x, to 1.2x, because the utility now works.

*But* HP still haven't published these softpaqs into a web page of its' site.

I have found anyway the softpaqs in the FTP site of HP, so I've published their ftp links on my page.

Offline xsara

• Sprzęt: ipaq hw6515, kaiser
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Lipiec 29, 2006, 11:50:10 »
in my opinion these softpaqs are dedicated for 6515 model only, in Poland typical model is 6515d or sometime 6515c.